Randy Newberg has been called “the voice of public land hunting in the U.S.” He’s a conservationist and advocate for wild lands and wild animals. His TV show “Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg” is one of the top ranked hunting shows in the country.
Randy shows average hunters the remarkable experiences that are available for the price of a tag, the gas to get there, and the effort invested. Whether it's bugling elk or speeding pronghorn, rifle or bow, Randy travels the far corners of the west in search of food and adventure.
He lives in Bozeman, Montana with his wife, Kim, where he volunteers for many national and regional hunting-conservation groups, including serving on the Board of Directors of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. When not hunting, Randy and his wife Kim spend the summer traveling the high plains in search of western walleyes.
"Hunt while you can because you'll run out of health before you run out of money."
"When you wake up in the morning if you think it's going to be a good day or a bad day you're probably right."
- How Randy got into hunting for the food and not the trophy
- Misconceptions about "professional" hunters
- What it's like behind the scenes filming a hunting show
- The logistics of storyboarding a hunt for film and how it adapts
- How it took Randy 6 years to learn how to hunt elk after growing up hunting whitetail
- How Randy's upbringing contributed to his love of the outdoors
- Randy's liver condition and how that has affected his hunting and filming
- Why conservation and protecting nature is essential to all of us
- Why urban sprawl is adversely affecting wildlife and the balance of our ecosystem
- How invasive species are destroying our landscapes and contributing to wildfires
- Why generational hunting with family is so bonding
- How Randy survived a tornado while fishing in Canada and thought the end was near
- Why it's so important to get uncomfortable regularly
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Kenetrek boots
- Platypus gravity filter
- Katadyn Basecamp filter
- Katadyn BeFree collapsable filter
- Adventure Medical Kits
- Gerber Randy Newberg Series knives
- Mystery Ranch
- Sitka Gear
- Nosler ammo
- 2% for Conservation
- Book: Sand County Almanac
- Randy Newberg Hunter
- Fresh Tracks w/ Randy Newberg
- Hunt Talk Radio
- Elk Talk Podcast