Derek Wilson is a 5th generation rancher living in Idaho. He’s a former software executive who left everything to rescue his family farm which radically changed his life for the better. He’s the host of the Primal King podcast and a business coach who teaches that anything is possible through the 3 pillars of Liberation, Lifestyle, and Legacy.
"So much more is lost in being scared than taking courageous action"
"We live a life by default"
- Life growing up
- Losing a parent
- Moving to a ranch
- Making tough decisions & creating your path
- From granite showers to not having a kitchen
- Having moments of clarity
- Growing up differently
- Designing the lifestyle you want to have
- Isolation & community
- Raising kids in the mountains
- Working harder before you can work smarter
- The process of getting "good" at things
- Getting better through struggle
- Managing expectations
- How to reconnect to nature
- Conservation & urban expansion
- Growth - the pros & cons
- Lessons learned from ranching
- Business becoming personal
- Grass vs grain-fed beef
- Trust, marriage & taking risks